4.03.2009

Friday Catch Up

It has been a very sad week in our home. Our kitty cat Batty has lost his life to renal kidney failure. He has been struggling for months with this but this Monday we finally decided it was time to let go because he was so tiny & just struggling. We have had him since he was a baby (6 weeks old) & he was very loved during his almost 5 years of life & will be dearly missed. We will have to give extra love to his brother Oscar who misses him. On this day I caught him licking the spit up off of Jimmy's bib so I tried to help him out by putting it on him to wear. It didn't even bother him. Silly kitty.
Last Saturday my dear friends Katie, Sara & Kristina threw me a baby shower & Jimmy was lucky enough to be in attendance. We had a lot of fun & Jimmy & Lorelei got the chance to hang out when they were actually both awake. Thank you friends. At our friend Bella's birthday party at My Gym both boys enjoyed playing in the ball pit, sliding, swinging & running around. Johnnie even decided to try cupcakes. Notice the plural of cupcake. He started off with a vanilla one with blue frosting but then wanted mine. Only because he wanted the yellow one. Not because he wanted to eat them since he only ate some of the frosting. Such a fun day. After the party & naps we let the boys run around the yard. I was so happy to get this photo. Johnnie just being Johnnie. 2 years old & crazy, running around the yard & yelling songs. Each time I look at the photo I laugh because it's just so him. Our boy just expressing himself. I LOVE this photo. Rick spending time with our son in the backyard & Johnnie just looking at me with his big brown eyes. Daddy & Jimmy having conversations. When he is awake he makes little gurgly noises which I like to believe is his way of communicating. Still waiting for that first smile but I get little glimpses of it. Your eyes roll back in your head & your mouth turns up at the corners in a smirk as you fall asleep. Speaking of sleep. Joey slept 6 hours straight last night. Hopefully the first of many nights but I'm not getting my hopes up too high. Happy 5 weeks my boy.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Batty! It is always hard to lose a pet.

Katie said...

Aw, poor Batty. I hope Oscar is doing okay without his brother and playmate. )-: