9.07.2011

Another First

The 1st day of school has finally come to the Bolander house. Johnnie woke up this morning excited to start school. With his new haircut, his 1st day of school outfit, his new shoes & his Batman backpack he was ready to go. Holding his sign to show us what day this was he was all smiles. We made it to school & I think I was more nervous than he was. His day was made easier by the fact that one of his closest friends from daycare was in his class. While waiting in line he flashed me a smile to let me know he was okay since I was already crying & then he told me I would be okay since I would have Holly with me all day. So then we entered his classroom to listen to the 1st Day of School book before all the parents were dismissed. With one last look at the Loving Hands wall (Handprints of the kids with one parent made during orientation- Johnnie's is the 2nd one from the left on the top row made with daddy) this tearful mama left her little boy to enjoy his 1st day of school.

1 comment:

J.J. Killins said...

Big day for you all - congrats:) It seems there are big days for many years to come.