11.14.2009

A Weekend With Old Friends

Last weekend one of my oldest & bestest friends came down for a visit from Northern California with her youngest son Carson. We have been friends since 1986 & through all the years, moves, colleges, marriages & kids we have remained close. Here is one of the oldest photos I could find of us together. Check out the big hair, the scrunchie & the big eyebrows. Nowadays I just look tired but at least we are a little more low key. With her visit we took the chance to get together with 2 more of our closest/oldest friends & went out to a really nice adult dinner. I tried to get a photo with a point & shoot camera but I admittedly couldn't figure out how to use it. So you'll have to settle for pictures of our kids having a playdate together. My boys slept 2 out of the 3 hours of the playdate but they did wake up in time to have a little fun. But here is what they missed. Playing on the swing set. Running around the yard & having snacks. And before they left I captued a couple photos of mama with her son. Until our next visit I miss you friend.

3 comments:

CQG said...

nice shots...that first one took me back, oh my!

Shelly said...

So fun! I LOVE the old picture of you two! Scrunchies and all :-) And I love your new banner. I want to figure out how to do that. I think it would be fitting since our blog is title Z Gallery...we could have a gallery of pics at the top. You have inspired me!

Katie said...

OMG--I love that first picture. The scrunchie just brings back so many memories.

Glad you guys had a nice time. Hope your boys are feeling better! Too much excitement probably!