6.28.2009

For Today

Taking an idea from a friend.

For Today...I'm hoping to enjoy the day while still making sure everything is planned & ready for the week ahead.

Outside my window... a quiet day so far. No cars, tree blowing & no sun yet. It's not even 6:30am.

I am thinking...why does Johnnie not understand the concept of sleeping in on the weekend?

I am thankful for...the few hours of peace & quiet Rick & I enjoy at night once ALL the boys are asleep. We love them so much but there's something so nice about being able to sit down on the couch without having to nurse, stop a fight or hear "What are you doing?"

From the kitchen...trying a new dinner recipe tonight. Tried one last night that was just okay so crossing that one off & moving on. Trying new recipes at least once or twice a week to build up a bigger dinner cache.

I am wearing...blue velour sweats, a tank top & a sweater hoodie

I am reading..."All That He Ever Wanted", "What to Expect that 1st Year" & "What to Expect, The Toddler Years"

I am hoping...for a good run this morning.

I am creating...2 scrapbook pages today if Jimmy cooperates & naps when Johnnie & Joey nap

I am hoping...that I can get my To Do List done today while still getting to enjoy summer with the boys

I am hearing...Monsters Inc on tv for Johnnie, Jimmy stirring upstairs, Joey moaning in his crib (he does that as he wakes up) & heavy breathing from Rick because he's still sleeping. LUCKY!

Around the house...The house is clean right now because only Johnnie & I are awake for a little while at least.

One of my favorite things...my Sunday Starbucks coffee that I get after my run. I'm up to 4.5 miles. Thank.You.Very.Much. Getting back to normal finally!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Get caught up on my scrapbooks, Send out monthly mailers, a few catch up blogs, a new Netflix with Rick, So You Think You Can Dance with my sisters & enjoying every minute I have with the boys trying to remember that it's a waste of time getting too upset over little things.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... Johnnie is is 3 months away from turning 3 so in my mind he's still a baby. He tends to be a little jealous of the attention Joey gets from us so those two "fight" a little more as much as a 1 & 2 year old can. BUT with Jimmy he's always very sweet. He doesn't care that we give him attention, he just joins in. I think he doesn't see him as a threat, yet. But either way I LOVE the photo. My oldest boy (with his pacifier of course) talking to my youngest. My youngest listening intently. My middle son in the background picking out his books for bedtime.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Love this! What a great idea. I feel like I know exactly what your morning was like today! I'm so happy you still get 3 hours of nightly alone time with Rick. I am excited to get that back once Erik is on a schedule. Great job getting up to 4.5 miles. I am impressed!!!

Jackie Kelly said...

Took a few minutes to catch your blog before turning in for the night and saw that adorable photo of Johnnie having a 'man to man' with little Jimmy. So sweet! It does pay to have your camera at the ready at all times, and you do. You've got lots of 'keepers' there Cathy.
Hugs to all...