3.02.2009

Our 1st Week with Jimmy

I wanted to catch up on posting photos from our very 1st week with Jimmy (formerly known as baby J). The 2nd day in the hospital I was able to get up & move around a little but not for very long so I found myself trying to get some photos with his eyes open. No easy feat since he spends most of the day either sleeping or closing his eyes every time I come near him with my camera. But I finally got one & then snapped a photo of my favorite baby body part. His cute little feet. Here is my view of my darling baby. We spend a lot of time in this position. As soon as he is done nursing he tends to curl around my belly & snooze for a bit. I need to enjoy it now because he won't want to be in this position for too much longer. The last night I spent in the hospital, daddy spent a lot of time just cuddling with his new little guy. After a restless night in the hospital it was finally time to go home on Friday afternoon. We took our last pictures in the hospital trying to enjoy those last few moments of peace & quiet & then it was time to go home. The car was all packed with my belongings that had accumulated over the week along with the many flowers, cards & yummy biscotti (thanks again Sara) & we were on our way. I don't know why I felt a little nervous at the thought of introducing a new baby in to the house but I did. Would Joey even notice the baby? Would Johnnie understand that this baby isn't another Jojo. Best way to find out... walk through the front door. Right when we came in, both boys came running over to me saying "mama." As soon as they both noticed the baby they forgot I was there. Johnnie immediately started saying Jimmy & touching him. Joey just kept pointing to him & looking up at me. He even stood in a picture with me & Jimmy, but Johnnie wouldn't. All the nerves were for nothing. Both boys loved him immediately. Johnnie starts off each day asking "Where is Jimmy?"And he enjoys holding him & giving him kisses. And Joey just keeps putting blankets, diapers, whatever he can grab on him. I love my new world, my house full of boys & all the crazy that comes with it. Our baby is 1 week old. Sleeping about 15 hours a day most of it before 10pm at night. Cries when he's cold or hungry. Gets the hiccups every night. Already fitting in & making our world so much happier.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Cathy he is adorable congrats! How do u find the time to blog daily? I am glad you do b/c I can catch up with the happenings of your family while I am nursing the baby. I am trying to start to finally blog more frequently b/c not everyone is on facebook where I was posting my pics

Megan said...

I love that last picture. I am so happy the boys love their brother. They are all so handsome!

Katie said...

Oh such cute photos! I love how Johnnie and Joey just dote on their new baby brother.

Hope the sleep thing changes the other way around...but glad to hear everything is going well.

J.J. Killins said...

oh that last one just melts me, that one is just so perfect.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your newest addition! What a cutie, and what a relief that both boys loved him right away. Hopefully you're able to catch some sleep--before 10pm, apparently. :-)