1. Growing up with 2 sisters, I always assumed I would have all girls. I am 4 & 9 years older than my sisters so I know a little bit about raising little girls. This boy thing is still new to me even after 19 months.
2. I don't quite get the fascination they have with their umm private part. Johnnie is constantly pointing it out to me... every time I change him, during bath time & basically anytime he isn't dressed. He also points the part out on his daddy & now his little brother. He also doesn't seem to understand why I don't have one. Since we didn't grow up with a brother in the house (see #1) my sisters & I would try & convince Johnnie that he shouldn't touch it. I have since been reprimanded by my husband to never do this so instead I take photos. Did I mention that my son is also obsessed with my shoes?3. To my dismay Johnnie has become a little daredevil. Jumping off of chairs, the couch & this morning the bed. It would be great if he was coordinated enough & ready to land on his feet but instead he lands on his bottom, his face & his back. He screams at the top of his lungs, calms down & then climbs right back up to jump again.
4. Johnnie runs himself ragged during the day & usually goes to bed pretty easily these days. The other morning when we went in to wake him this is how we found him. Kids crack me up!5. Just like his daddy, Johnnie loves orange juice. We give him a mixture of juice & water every morning. Tonight I was sitting in the living room & could hear him asking for juice in the kitchen so I went in the kitchen to get him. He had opened the cupboard where we keep the garbage, pulled it out, knocked it over, dug through it & was proudly holding the empty carton of juice & of course asking for some. Again, I say that kids are crazy but they sure do make me laugh.
6. Johnnie is constantly tackling me. He enjoys knocking me over & then helping me up. Is this tackling thing a boy thing?
7. As you can see Johnnie loves his brother & Joey is usually all smiles for him but not at this particular moment. 8. I'm beginning to think that I will never sleep an entire night again. Johnnie didn't start consistently sleeping through the night until he was 1 at which point I was in my 3rd trimester with Joey & getting up to use the rest room every few hours. And now Joey is getting up at least once a night for a feeding & doesn't seem too interested in giving it up.
9. 18 Weeks Old. Getting bigger everyday. Growing out of his clothes. Enjoying spending alone time in his crib at daycare. The ladies call it his castle because the crib is the biggest one in the room & our little prince whines sometimes during the day until they put him in it.10. Joey started daycare 4 weeks ago & has been sick now for 3 weeks. He is a tough kid. All the coughing & spitting up hasn't slowed him down or made him eat any less but today his poor little body has given in to its 1st fever. So he isn't sleeping well, is irritable and YES still very hungry.