3.10.2008

It's not SPRING, but it sure feels like it.

It seems as though the haze of gray has lifted & the sun is here to stay. We spent the weekend enjoying the beautiful weather & just getting reacquainted with the outdoors. Our weekend started off with a walk & a play date with Miss Kelsea Rae at Veterans Park. They both enjoyed the swings, the slides & of course the sand.

Then yesterday we spent the afternoon in the backyard pushing around the lawn mower (the toy popping one of course- you know I don't do yard work) & getting soaked at the water table. As you can see Johnnie needed to cool down even more. He kind of reminds me of a marathon runner cooling off during a water break. He was so sad when I dragged him kicking & crying for more outside in to the house to dry off & eat dinner. Joey just sat in his bouncy chair happy to be only wearing a diaper & listening to his brother play.While outside I decided it was time for me to turn my camera away from my children & get a shot of a part of our tree. I used to ONLY photograph landscapes & nature, but since the arrival of Johnnie & now Joey in my life I haven't taken ONE photo of anything else until now. Both Rick & I were really happy with the photo & have decided that it will be the perfect addition to the blank wall space in our living room.It's Monday again which means Rick is back at work & Joey has aged another week already. He is becoming so much fun with each passing day & I swear he is planning something in that little 10 week old head of his. I leave you with this photo & promise to have more this week as we enjoy the boys' gramma & grandpa Joe's visit starting tomorrow.


3 comments:

Megan said...

That little one does look like he is thinking about something in that photo. It's so nice to be able to get outside and play.

J.J. Killins said...

love that gorgeous tree shot! can't wait til we have some blooms here! can't believe that little one nakey outside! jealous!

Shelly Z. said...

I love watching Johnnie because I know that will be Dane in a few months...my fav is the shot of him playing in the sand & water table. He is soaked!!! And he looks like he is having a blast. Here's to Spring (and Shamrock shakes :-)!